View a list of existing reminders
- Navigate to a channel which currently has reminders.
- Type /remind list to view all currently active reminders.
- Click the Delete button to remove a reminder.
Create a new reminder
- Navigate to a channel you would like to set a reminder.
- Type /remind [@someone or #channel] [what] [when]
For example: /remind @channel Please put your dishes in the dishwasher before 4pm! at 3:30pm every weekday
Time and date formats
To fill in the [when] portion of the /remind slash command, Slackbot understands a number of time and date formats — various examples are shown in bold below:
- Increments of time: in 10 seconds, in 17 minutes, in 1 hour, or in 2.5 hours
E.g. /remind me Call Rieko in 25 minutes
- Specific time: at 8:55pm (12-hour clock), at 16:00 (24-hour clock), at midnight
E.g. /remind @lima Lunch time! at 12:30pm
- Specific date: on January 1, on 8 Feb, on 11/30/2018 (MM/DD/YYYY)
E.g. /remind #management Send annual salary review report on December 15
- Specific days: every weekday, every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
E.g. /remind #design Design critique meeting every Thursday
- Specific days, alternating weeks: every other Tuesday
E.g. /remind me Physiotherapy after work every other Wednesday
You can set recurring reminders in a number of ways, too. Here are some ways to format the [when] portion of a recurring reminder:
- /remind me to update the team meeting agenda on Mondays
- /remind me to attend the team meeting at 11:00 every Tuesday
- /remind me to schedule annual reviews every January 25