First, install G Suite Sync for Microsoft® Outlook® (GSSMO) on your computer.
Installing GSSMO also installs G Suite Migration for Microsoft Outlook, which lets you import your Outlook data to your new Google Account. We recommend using this migration tool if you don’t want to use Outlook anymore. Learn more about the GSMMO migration tool.
- Go to the GSSMO download page and carefully review the system requirements.
- If required, install any updates to Outlook or Windows®.
- Click Download.
After you install G Suite Sync for Microsoft® Outlook® (GSSMO), you're prompted to sign in to your Google Account.
To sign in:
- Enter the email address for your Google Account and click Continue.
- Enter your password and click Sign in.
- Click Allow access.
- Switch to GSSMO and click Create profile.
Next, you can import data (optional), or skip ahead to start Outlook.
After you create your G Suite profile, you can start Microsoft® Outlook®.
- Click Start Microsoft Outlook. You can do this even if your data is importing.
- Select your G Suite profile and click OK.
As soon as Outlook opens your G Suite profile, GSSMO begins synchronizing data with your G Suite account.
(Optional) Make Google the default profile
You can have Outlook open your G Suite profile automatically, without prompting you to select it from a dialogue:
- Go to your Windows Control Panel > Mail settings, and click Show Profiles.
- In the dialogue that opens, select Always use this profile, specifying your G Suite profile in the list below.
The next time you start Outlook, your G Suite profile opens directly.
If you need to add a delegated account to Outlook, navigate to this guide.