1. Open Gmail
2. From here we have two(2) options.
Option A: Click on the down arrow in the search field at the top of the screen as shown here circled in yellow.
Option B: Open a message you want to filter and navigate to the More tab by clicking on the three(3) vertical dots found in the top right corner of the open message window. These are indicated below circled in yellow. From here, select “Filter messages like this” to open the filter creation window
3. Fill out any fields that are relevant to the filter you want to create. This information tells gmail what criteria to look for that will identify email the filter should act on.
4. Click “Create filter” this will open a new window as shown in the following image.
5. Check the boxes for all actions you want the filter to perform
You can select “also apply filter to X matching conversations” X being the number of messages the filter has detected that meet your filter conditions in step 4.
6. To complete the task and create your new filter click the blue “Create filter” button in the bottom right.