First, make sure you have access to the delegated account from the Gmail interface in Chrome. If the account hasn't been delegated yet, please follow this guide to delegate the account.
Add Delegated Account to Outlook
- Go to the Windows Start menu, open All Programs, and choose GSSMO > Add account for delegation.
- From the dialogue, choose your G Suite profile (if more than one Outlook profile is available). Then enter the delegated mailbox Email address.
Send Mail from Another Address
- Sign in to Gmail, click the gear icon in the upper-right and select Settings, and open the Accounts tab.
- Under Send Mail as, click Add another email address you own.
- Enter your manager's Name and primary Email address, and click Next Step.
- Click Send Verification. This sends an email to the address provided with instructions on verifying that you can send from their address (typically the email has a link in the email to verify).
When you use G Suite Sync for Microsoft® Outlook® (GSSMO) to add someone else's account to your Outlook profile for delegation, the account appears in Mail Folders underneath your own (you might have to scroll down or collapse your account to see it). If that person also grants you access to their mail, you can open their mail folders and read, delete, send, and reply to their messages.
important: Before you send a message on behalf of another person, you must add their email address to the From field:
1. Click Show From on the Options tab at the top of the window where you compose the message.
2. In the From field, enter that person's email address.
Once you have entered the person's address, it shows automatically when you compose new messages. You must add it manually the first time, however.
Recipients will see that person's address in the message's From field. Messages you reply to on that person's behalf show them as a sender, too.