This article discusses the overview of Call Monitoring using the RingCentral Phone Desktop App as well as the actions available for the feature.
Monitor calls using the desktop app’s Heads-up Display (HUD) view
- From the RingCentral Phone desktop app, select the HUD view
- When a monitored extension is on an active call, the supervisor can mouse over the extension/user and click Monitor
Actions available while monitoring a call
- When Whisper is selected, the active agent will hear a beep or tone on their end that is not audible to the caller.
- When Barge is selected, the tone is audible to both agent and the caller
- When Take Over is selected, the agent will hear a tone and then be disconnected from the call. The caller will also hear a done and remain on the call with the Supervisor
- While Monitoring, Whispering, or Barging the Supervisor can hang up, and the agent will remain on the call with the caller