*100 Participants permitted in a meeting.
- At the bottom right, click More options > Record.
Change your background in Meet
- On the bottom right of the Meet window, click More .
- Click Change background or to upload your own image for your background, click Add and select an image.
Add people to a meeting in progress
- On the right, click People > Add people.
- In the bottom left corner, click the meeting name.
Pin a participant
To only view one specific participant, pin them to your screen.
- In a video call, hover over a person’s icon > tap pin .
- Tap the People tab select a participant to pin.
Mute a participant’s microphone
- At the top, click People .
- Next to a participant's name, click Mute.
Start a whiteboard session
- At the bottom right, click More options > Whiteboard.
Lower participant hands during a video meeting
- From a video meeting, on the top, click People.
- Under Raised hands, next to a participant’s name, click Lower. Or Lower all.
Create a live-stream event
Not available under Basic plan, but is through Enterprise Plan.
- Open Google Calendar.
- Click Create > More options.
- Add the event details, such as date, time, and description.
- Add the guests that can fully participate in the video meeting. All guests added to this event can be seen, heard, and can present their screen. People from other organizations can be added. Only people in your organization can record and control streaming. For example, use this event to invite the speakers for your organization’s meeting.
- Next to Join with Google Meet, click Down arrow > Add live stream.
- To invite view-only guests, select an option:
- Click Copy > share the live stream URL in an email or chat message.
- Continue to Part 2: Create an additional event for view-only guests.
- Tip: Only guests within your organization can view the live stream. You can add up to 100,000 view-only guests. Click Save.