- Log into your RingCentral online account.
From Shortcuts on the right-hand side, select “My Greetings & Call Screening”.
If User Greeting is Off, turn it ON.
Set Greeting to Custom.
Note that if you already have a regular greeting recorded, you can download this greeting for reuse later (when you return to the office) by clicking the green arrow on the right side of the dialogue box.
To record a new greeting, click the red button, you will be prompted to enter the number to record your greeting over the phone. If you have a mobile number entered in your profile, it will show here.
- Phone Number: (866) 672-2114
- Extension (optional)
Select Call Now to send the prompt to the number you have specified.
When recording your message, identify the extension and the user to whom you will be forwarding your calls.
When you are satisfied with your recording click Save.
- You can send the recording prompt to your desk phone, to do this you will need to locate the direct number for your handset. This can be found in Settings > Phones & Numbers. Navigate back to the recording prompt.
Call Handling & Forwarding
- Settings > Call Handling & Forwarding.
- At the bottom of the screen click the words “Forward to other user’s phones”.
- Select the user(s), and then the right arrow to add them, and Done.
- Disable the Polycom phone and the Mobile phone (if applicable).
- Save changes.