Google Meet Guest Controls
Mute your microphone
- Click the microphone button.
Adjust audio or video
- At the bottom right, click More options > Settings.
Raise or lower your hand during a video meeting
- From a video meeting, at the bottom, click Raise hand or Lower hand.
Turn on captions
- Click turn on captions to show the audio as text for the hearing impaired.
- Click Present Now.
- Click on the screen you want to present (Window, Tab, Entire Screen).
- Click Share.
Join a breakout room
- When your moderator invites you to join a breakout room, you’ll see a prompt on your screen.
- Click or tap Join. If you click or tap Cancel, you still remain in the main video meeting.
(Optional) To leave a breakout room, at the top, click or tap Return to main call.
Change your background in Meet
- On the bottom right of the Meet window, click More .
- Click Change background or to upload your own image for your background, click Add and select an image.
- Can slow computer operating capacity. If you notice this, just turn it off.
Send a chat message during a video meeting
- Click Chat (upper right corner).
- Enter a text message and click the Send icon.
- On the bottom right of the Meet window, click More > Change Layout.