Note: These are instructions to send a fax through a Composed email message
1. Fax Cover Sheet & Documents for Faxing
- The phone system will automatically generate a cover sheet, which includes the Company contact information
- Note where you have documents saved in Google Drive, or on the computer for later attachment
- In the To field, enter the fax number in this format: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can have multiple fax recipients in the To field just like any email
3. Subject Line
- Important - Anything written in the subject line will appear in the notes or comments area of the automatically generated fax cover sheet.
4. Body of the Email Message
- Anything that is written in the body of the message is not sent in the fax and will not impact the delivery of the fax.
- Any messages you intended for the recipient should be included in the subject line or an attachment.
- Attach all documents.
- The order in which they are attached is the order they will appear in the fax; thus, the fax cover sheet should be the first attachment.
- If using “Insert files from Drive”, find the documents to fax and select the Attachment button in the bottom right corner of the window, then Insert.
When all the above steps are complete, send your email message and it will be delivered as a fax.
- Note that there may be a delay up to about 10 minutes between the time you send and receive the acknowledgment.
7. Acknowledgment Email
- The message will have the subject line: “Fax Message Transmission Result…”
- The results will display the recipient fax number, date and time of transmission, as well as the attachment titles (no link to the docs).
- If you wish to view the attachments that were sent, you will need to search for the sent message in your email account.
- Below is an example of the acknowledgment email you may see.