Creating a personal LastPass account
- Click on the LastPass extension and sign out of your LastPass account
- Click on the LastPass extension and create a new account
- Go through the account creation process
Link or Unlink Your Personal Account in LastPass
We understand that you like to keep your personal and work life separate – so do we! When you link your personal LastPass account with your Teams or Business account, you can keep your Vault entries all in one place while both accounts remain separate.
Your personal account will continue to remain private (as your Teams or Business admin is never able to view your personal Vault data), and if you ever leave the company, your personal account data remains active and accessible to you. Additionally, login events for your personal account will never be logged in admin reporting.
Link your personal account
Once your personal account is linked, your personal LastPass account is treated as a shared folder within your company LastPass account and is subject to the same restrictions and properties therein.
- Log in to your company LastPass account and access your Vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon then click Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your username and Master Password.
- Select Link Account in the left navigation.
- When prompted, enter your personal account email address and Master Password.
- Click Link Account.
Migrate data between your accounts
You can move relevant items between your company and personal Vaults by dragging and dropping (or right-clicking on the entry and selecting Move to folder) to migrate your data.
You can also select multiple passwords and click the actions button at the top of the screen. Then select Move to Folder.
If you have a LastPass Teams or LastPass Business account, the ability to perform these actions may be limited or prohibited due to policies enabled by your LastPass admin.
Unlink your personal account from within your company account
If at any time you wish to unlink a personal account from your LastPass business account, you can do so by logging in to your company account.
- Log in to LastPass and access your Vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon , then select Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and Master Password.
- Select Advanced Options in the left navigation.
- Select Remove linked account.
- When prompted, click Yes to confirm.
Note: If your LastPass company account admin resets your Master Password using the "Permit super admins to reset Master Passwords" policy, your LastPass personal account will automatically become unlinked.