Note: this guide only applies if you are already using the Outlook desktop application on your computer. If you do not, please follow these instructions instead:
- Open Outlook
- In the top-left, click File
- In the Info tab, click the Accounts Settings dropdown menu and select Manage Profiles
- Click Show Profiles
- Click Add
- Name the profile something that is easily identifiable. It's recommended to include "M365" in the name so you can distinguish it from any other profiles.
- Click Manual setup or additional server type
- Choose Microsoft 365 and enter your email address
- You will be prompted for your new Microsoft credentials
- You should see green checkmarks to indicate everything is set up correctly
- The Profile Selection Window should still be open. Change the profile to be the one you just set up. Ensure you selected Always use this profile.
- Close Outlook and restart it
- You will now be signed into Outlook with your new profile. Your historical email will be present.
- Please send a separate test email to both:
This will ensure you are able to send and receive to both internal and external parties.
- Business Cloud will reply to these emails to confirm you are receiving them. If you do not receive an email, please let us know.
- Open another Microsoft application, such as Microsoft Word.
- In the top-right, click your name, and (if applicable) sign out of the second account in your list:
- If you are expecting a shared mailbox, please confirm it has appeared in your Outlook now. If it hasn't, please reach out to email@example.com.
- Note that any email filters you had created in Gmail have not been transferred. You will need to recreate them in Outlook. Here is the Microsoft Help article covering how to do this:
Manage email messages by using rules
- You will need to recreate your email signature. Please see the following article on how to do that:
Email Signature Steps
- If you'd like to have your email on your mobile device, please see the following resources: